How to Sanitize / Disinfect / Clean your MFP
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19), cleaning all touch point surfaces is imperative. We wanted to provide you with a few instructions on how to best sanitize your multifunction device. This small task can help minimize the risk of the virus spreading.
- Turn your printer off before you attempt any cleaning.
- The touch points like the touchscreen, control panel, handles, and buttons can be wiped using a lint-free, soft cloth dampened with disinfecting alcohol (isopropyl/ethyl).
- As an alternative, you can use a pCAP-compatible stylus to interact with the touchscreen or buttons.
- Clean as frequently as needed without affecting the longevity or quality of the equipment.
- Do not use glass cleaner as the touch screen has an anti-glare coating that glass cleaners may damage.
- Do not spray the touch screen directly. Spraying liquid can damage the MFP.
- The cloth should not be soaking/dripping wet.
- Consult trained service personnel for cleaning of the interior of electronic equipment.
- Never attempt to clean the following portions with alcohol: original glass, scanning area (surface of the long rectangular glass)
For additional information on disinfecting and cleaning processes, please consult the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC or the World Health Organization (WHO) should be your reference point for the medical and biological expertise. Please refer to the CDC’s Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations.