7 Technology Security Measures to Take in Your Business
Posted July 2023
Ensuring the security of your business has become more crucial than ever. With the amount of sensitive information stored on company computers and networks, implementing technology security measures is non-negotiable. By diligently implementing these technology security measures, you can safeguard your business and ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your valuable data.
- Implement security awareness programs to educate employees on how ransomware is being deployed and how to avoid spear-phishing attacks
- Update anti-virus and anti-malware software
- Create an application whitelist allowing only specific programs to run on computers
- Back up data regularly to a nonconnected environment and verify the integrity of those backups
- Disable macro scripts from Microsoft Office files transmitted over email
- Update MFP firmware when security bulletins are released
- Implement Print Hold to secure documents
If you don’t have the time or resources to do this, TGI is here to help. We stay vigilant for you. Preparation and prevention are the most critical steps to take. Reach out to TGI’s IT team today to see how we can help you prepare.