Gain Visibility Into Your Business… Like We Did
Posted February 2014
Gain Visibility Into Your Business
Often times we realize that many companies we come across operate a lot like we do here at TGI. Five years or so ago, we had a few inherent issues with the way we did business that we needed to address in order to lower our costs, streamline our operation and continue our profit growth year over year.
Our main issues were:
- Upper management had little to no visibility into the orders being placed every day at each branch which led to overspending in a lot of areas
- Upper management had no visibility into exactly what equipment we had at each warehouse so when new orders were placed they were often times duplicates of what we already had in stock
- In general, the company had a problem providing people with access to documentation when they needed it, making everyone’s job more difficult and making doing everything much slower than it needed to be.
Knowing that we needed to fix these issues immediately, we decided to implement a software document management program that was able to not only solve the issues we were having, but was also able to solve a whole bunch of other issues we never knew we had.
After implementation, here’s how things changed:
- The CEO now has visibility into every single PO the company issues and approves them all personally. He has access to the POs for approval from anywhere in the world. According to him, this alone has saved the company hundreds of thousands of dollars in the last 5 years.
- Upper management now has visibility into all the equipment in every warehouse we operate. They have been able to cut down on duplicate orders resulting in more than $100K in savings each year for the first three years.
- Since implementation, each sales rep has secure, controlled access to all their customer information at any time, the accounting department now has access to all warehouse documentation enabling them to get us paid faster and the HR department has shifted all employee data into our system, making it safer, more secure and more compliant with government restrictions, keeping us safe from lawsuits.
These are just a few things we’ve been able to do internally and this has led us to offer the same expertise to our clients who are looking to do the same type of things at their organization.
Do you find that you have the same issues in your business? We offer document management studies to those who feel they could benefit. If this is of interest to you don’t hesitate to get in touch.