TGI Raises Over $12,000 for YAI Central Park Challenge
Posted March 2020
On June 6, TGI participated in YAI’s 3K Walk / 5K Run Central Park Challenge to help change lives for people with developmental disabilities and their families. TGI employees as well as their friends, family and clients donated $12,326! The entire event raised $1,025,290! Team TGI came in 6th place for top fundraisers!
We are committed to doing as much we can to support the YAI Network and to ensure that people with developmental disabilities have access to the supports and services that they need to reach their fullest potential and live productive, independent and healthy lives.
Your generosity helps support:
- The Manhattan STAR Academy This new school serves children aged five and older with global developmental delays, speech and language delays and autism spectrum disorders.
- Preschool Music and Art Therapy Offered to young children with language delays, music and art are particularly vital.
- Adaptive Physical Education Instruction is provided in specially equipped gyms helps children in YAI preschools develop basic skills such as running, jumping and climbing.
- School Nurses Skilled nurses in our preschools create a safe and comfortable environment for all, including children with complex medical needs.
- Group Homes We provide nearly 700 people with a home in the community, while more than 2,400 others are on our waiting list for residential placement.
- Premier HealthCare The specially trained medical staff work together to ensure that all patients, even those considered ‘challenging’ by others, receive the first rate care they need and deserve.